Tis’ the season to be jolly. Fa la la la la.
Whether it’s a gift for a friend or DIY home decoration craft pieces, this festive season, just get ready for some Christmas crafting with your little ones.
So let’s get started with two DIY, easy, winter-inspired crafts to keep the kids busy indoors, all through the day (and during their winter holidays).
1. Christmas Paper Wreath
1. A4 size cardboard
2. A4 size red glitter foam sheet
3. Green glitter foam sheet
4. Gold glitter foam sheet
5. Green pastel sheet
6. Thick gold ribbon
9. Scissors / Paper Cutter
1. Take a cardboard and draw an outer circle: 8 inches in diameter, inner circle: 5.5 inches in diameter
2. With the help of scissors/paper cutter cut the ring as shown in the picture
3. Similarly, cut the ring out of red glitter foam sheet
4. Paste the red ring on the cardboard ring
5. Cut 4 triangles from green glitter foam sheet, 5 triangles from green pastel sheet, all measuring 4 x 4 x 2.5 inches. Also, cut triangle measuring 4.5 x 4.5 x 3.5 inches from gold glitter foam sheet
6. Cut small 10 strips measuring 1.5 x 0.5 inches from gold glitter foam sheet
7. Paste these strips on the base of triangles as shown in the picture
8. Now paste these Xmas trees on the red ring as shown in the picture
9. Make a loop with a gold ribbon and stick it at the back of the wreath
10. Christmas Paper Wreath is ready to hang!!
2. Christmas Tree Ornament (Hybernating Animals)
1. A cup
3. Wood shavings/sawdust
4. Air-dry clay
5. Fabric colours
6. Decorative material
7. Decorative string
9. Fabric glue
10. Clay mould tool
1. Add green fabric colour into wooden shavings. Add water and glitter. Mix it well
2. Colour the cup as per picture
3. Place the wooden shavings inside the cup
4. Give different shapes to the air dry clay as per picture
5. Now place them into and around the cup as per picture
6. Attach the decorative string to the cup and it’s ready to hang on the Christmas tree
Aren’t these kids’ activities fun?
Choose one or both that you like the most and get started, now! Post your crafts picture on Instagram and tag/hashtag us @SlurrpFarm #SlurrpFarm