By Monalisa Mehrotra
Do you ever catch your little one with the afternoon munchies or struggle with sugar cravings? Are you looking for easy snacks for kids?? Those small bites which make them feel full and happy? Sometimes the best way to handle small hunger pangs is to create wholesome foods (which are loaded with a good amount of protein and fiber).
Bliss balls! One of the easiest snacks for kids and immunity-boosting as much… This nutritious dessert snack has seeds and nuts which are little ones are averse to eating otherwise. The chia seeds offer crunchy delight (not to forget the benefits of Omega-3). And, guess what? There is no artificial coloring or sugary-sweet note to this recipe. Why? You may ask. It’s because- dates, the main ingredient is naturally sweet.
Fantastic and easy, snacks for kids now include homemade goodness. So, say goodbye to chocolate bars or store-bought ‘healthy’ granola bars.
Freeze these bliss balls for longer storage and enjoy them straight from the freezer for a cool dessert treat.
We love snacking and these bliss balls make for the perfect easy snacks for kids – so delicious and also guilt-free.
1. 1 Cup seedless dates
2. ½ Cup chopped almonds (omit this if your child is nut allergic)
3. 2 Tsp Slurrp Farm Chia seeds
4. 2 Tsp Slurrp Farm Nuts Powder (optional)
1. Take a blender. Add seedless dates.
2. Add nuts. This can also be replaced by Slurrp Farm Nut Powder.
3. Add Slurrp Farm Chia Seeds.
4. Take all the ingredients in a food processor/ blender and process till it comes together (almost like a sticky dough).
5. If the dough is not coming together or if your dates were too dry, you can add a little water or coconut oil – a teaspoon at a time, to get a dough-like consistency
6. Roll the dough into small 1 inch balls. You can use a small, oiled cookie scoop to portion out the dough.
Variations: In the same recipe you can add about a tablespoon of cocoa powder and make chocolate-flavored bliss balls.
Check out the recipe video and like, share and comment!
|If you love the idea of a fast, tasty snack that’s sure to give your little one an energy boost, try your variation and share with us on Instagram and tag us @SlurrpFarm