Meet Pia Bahri
Pia Bahri, a legal and financial professional turned entrepreneur brought My Gym Children’s Fitness Centre to the UAE 13 years ago. The first one of its kind, it highlighted and combatted the high levels of childhood obesity and diabetes in the UAE by making fitness fun and encouraging movement in what could be a sedentary lifestyle due to the weather. She has 2 teenagers who she loves spending time with and has recently moved to London to allow them to pursue the education they want. Theatre, good music, and good company make her very happy as does volunteering to help the elderly.
Get to know her:
1. Words I live by…
2. Why do I love to feed my family healthy food?
It’s an act of love.
3. A dream I am turning into reality is?
Learning to cook cuisines of the world authentically.
4. How are you keeping stress at bay (now that the whole family is home)?
We eat really well in lockdown as time on my hands gives me the opportunity to cook new things and my kids love to eat!
5. What do you think the greatest invention has been during your lifetime?
The internet and mobile phones.
6. What are the 3 happiest times in your life?
Sitting in a puddle of sunshine, cuddling my kids on the couch, and eating divine food!
7. What’s the easiest thing about being a mother?
8. Describe motherhood in just one word!
My Gym is committed to preventing obesity in children and fostering fitness as a natural element of a child’s daily life so they grow to be healthy young adults.