By Monalisa Mehrotra
Oats is a whole-grain food loaded with vitamins and minerals. It is a good source of fiber, fat, and protein. What’s more? Oatmeal’s strong nutritional profile facilitates the baby’s growth and development. This oats recipe for babies is also recommended for kids (above 12 months) who are already enjoying solid foods at six months onward.
Crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. You can add veggies of your choice. I added grated carrots, cabbage (optional), capsicum, and onions that my baby of 15 months enjoys quite a lot! Paniyarams or Appe is great finger food for children. This recipe appeals to babies, kids, and adults, more popular with babies because if the bite-size. The best thing about this oats recipe for babies is that the possibilities are endless, you can make them sweet or savory. You can also sneak in a zillion veggies for fussy eaters at home. This indeed is a healthy, wholesome, and protein-rich breakfast that can be made in a jiffy. It can also be served as a healthy evening snack.
My kid lovingly eats the Vegetable Oats Paniyaram holding it in this tender hands meaning she can fill her hungry self with no one feeding her around. And I am a happy mother who enjoys that piece of freedom during snack time.
Make your kids eat healthy snacks without any fuss with this healthy oats recipe for babies.
Vegetable Oats Paniyaram
Ingredients for the batter:
1. 1 Cup of Slurrp Farm Organic Oats Cereal
2. ½ Cup rice flour
3. Vegetables of your choice (I have used cabbage, grated carrots, capsicum, onions)
4. ½ Cup curd
5. Water to adjust consistency
6. Oil or ghee to cook
7. Salt to taste
1. In a large bowl, take Slurrp Farm Oats Cereal (you can also dry roast the cereal, it is an optional step), rice flour, vegetables, and salt.
2. Now add curd to the mixture.
3. Whisk together all the ingredients, add water to adjust consistency. The batter should not be too runny or too thick.
4. Heat an Appe/Paniyaram pan, brush with ghee, and spoon in the batter. Cover and cook till one side is done and then turn to cook the other half.
5. Cover and cook till one side is done and then turn to cook the other half.
6. Serve hot with your favorite chutney.
This Oats Paniyaram is really delicious, chock -o – block with seasonal vegetables and always a hit!! Try it and tag us @SlurrpFarm