By Ayesha Nallaseth
“I had to understand that this was no longer a diet and that it had to become my lifestyle.”
I spent my early childhood being overweight. I was obese and went up to weighing 120kgs. My story is not one of overnight success. I didn’t take a magic pill. My journey has been more like a roller coaster ride of trials, many errors, and a collection of small milestones along the way. My journey started when my confidence starting to shaken up. I was worried and tried a number of things to fight the weight loss battle.
These 2 Can Cause Low Immunity – Say No To Maida And Fried Food
I initially started walking with my mother which eventually I realized wasn’t helping me much. I tried my hands on a number of other workouts and finally settled for weight training, strength, and conditioning which worked well for me. I had no idea that it would turn into a journey of self-discovery, freedom, and finding joy.
Oh yeah, and 60kgs weight loss!
Here are my secrets from being fat to fit:
I never miss my workout! I follow a disciplined regime that consists of weight training and cardio.
2. Food Habits:
Your diet plays a major role in your weight loss. You also need to be patient and understand that there is no shortcut.
3. Lifestyle changes:
I made a point to keep a check of all the calorie intake. I stopped eating and drinking anything which had a lot of sugar in it. I started exercising daily, cut back on junk food, increased the number of fresh fruits and vegetables in my daily diet.
Food has always been a precious commodity for me. I am pretty much like Joey from Friends. “Ayesha does not share food!” But I can always share the recipe. Recently, I tried making sprouted millet dark chocolate energy bars. These are my new favorite and also millets happen to be my evergreen favorite grain. And how can anyone not be tempted to munch on these sprouted millet dark chocolate energy bars when it’s crunchy, filling, nutty, sweet, and loaded with nutrition? I am a mum too and these millet energy bars are a perfect solution for your little bundle of joy.
Sprouted Millet Energy bars are the perfect substitute for candy bars that are loaded with sugar, preservatives, and added color. The bars are glutenfree and low carb which fits perfectly well in my current diet.
Sprouted Millet Dark Chocolate Energy Bars
1. ½ Cup Slurrp Farm Sprouted Millet Powder
2. 2 Tbsp Slurrp Farm Jaggery Powder
3. 1 Tsp Slurrp Farm Chia Seeds
4. 1/4th Cup Slurrp Farm Nut Powder
5. 20 Gms dark chocolate chunks
6. 10 Gms toasted coconut
7. 3 Tbsp coconut milk
8. 2 Tbsp coconut oil
9. ½ Tsp vanilla essence
For the topping
1. 100 Gms dark chocolate
2. 1 Tbsp coconut oil
3. 10 Gms toasted coconut
1. In a nonstick pan roast the Slurrp Farm Sprouted Millet powder till light brown or the raw smell of millet goes away and allow it to cool.
2. Mix all the ingredients together.
3. Place the mixture in a deep plate or a silicone mold and pat down to make it flat and about 1 cm thick. Refrigerate it for an hour or till set.
4. Then cut into 4 inch long bars or any preferred size.
5. Melt chocolate on low heat and mix in coconut oil. Dip the bars in the chocolate mix or you can drizzle the melted chocolate on top of the bars.
6. Garnish with toasted coconut and allow the chocolate energy bars to set in the refrigerator.
|Share with us your inspiring stories in the comments section. You never know the impact you may have on someone else’s life.|