By Dipandita Dutta
Ragi recipe for babies is the ideal breakfast options to include not just for in their daily meal plan but even they can grow up to be toddlers or preschoolers, yet continue to enjoy ragi. Finger millets is a superfood rich in iron and calcium. I would make plain ragi porridge with homemade sprouted ragi flour. The sprouted version is a staple in my kitchen. However, on crazy days all I want to do is skip the cumbersome process of sprouting my ragi. Instead, I prefer to use instant/readymade/ready-to-use ragi powder for babies from none other than – India’s leading healthy kids’ food brand – Slurrp Farm.
If you want to know how to prepare homemade sprouted ragi powder recipe for babies, do click on the link above.
Benefits of Ragi Powder for babies:
1. Ragi helps boost the bone-strengthening material in the human body.
2. Ragi is packed with phosphorus that also maintains dental health, digestion and balances the pH levels in our body.
3. Ragi is high on fibre that helps in weight-loss. As for babies and kids, it keeps their little tummies full for a longer period of time.
4. Ragi is an excellent source of iron, especially helpful if consumed by those with low hemoglobin levels.
Did you know that Ragi (and ragi powder) contains more calcium than any other cereal?
Yes! Indeed and even more than milk! Besides, ragi powder can help strengthen those baby bones? It’s also high in fiber and can keep your baby’s tummy full for a long- a long time. Isn’t that great?
Why I love the recipe of apple ragi porridge:
1. It is loaded with the freshness of healthy ingredients.
2. The readymade ragi powder doesn’t contain preservatives
3. Sprouting sweetens the grain naturally, and the process also helps to mitigate the effects of anti-nutrients like that are found in whole grains.
4. Lot of love goes into it’s preparation
Whether you sprout your ragi or use Slurrp Farm ragi powder for babies, either ways, Apple ragi porridge would taste yum.
This recipe can be given to babies from 6 months and onward. One you have introduced ragi and apple separately, your child is ready to have this healthy ragi recipe.
Not sure if your child is ready for his first semi-solid meal? To check the readiness of your child, read our baby weaning guide!
We have not added any sugar to the recipe. The natural sweetness of apple is enough fto be had and relished. Jaggery or cinnamon powder is optional. These ingredients can enhance the taste taking my ragi recipe a notch up on your for baby’s taste buds.
What are you waiting for? Go ahead and try this recipe now. Feed it to your little one for a happy-healthy future. Early start to eat smart, really should be the motto of every parent.
Ragi recipe for babies – Apple ragi porridge
1. 2 Tbsp of Slurrp Farm Sprouted Ragi Powder
2. One tbsp of Slurrp Farm Jaggery Powder
3. ¼ Cup of apple puree
4. One tsp ghee
5. One cup water
Watch the video:
1. Boil 1 cup water in a pan. Dissolve 1 tbsp of jaggery powder in a separate bowl.
2. Once the water comes to a boil, gradually add sprouted ragi powder, stirring continuously to dissolve lumps. Cook for 2 to 3 mins in low flame.
3. Add jaggery water to it and apple puree. Stir the porridge mixture continuously in low flame.
4. Add 1 tsp ghee and serve the porridge warm.