By Monalisa Mehrotra
It’s monsoon season and we crave something sweet now and then. But these cravings need not go down as guilt trips. There are plenty of breakfast ideas and healthy snacking options that can be sweet and tasty too. It will also serve a healthy breakfast recipe for fussy eaters. Hard to believe? Well, be ready to be surprised.
Banana oats paniyaram is a soft, porous, and irresistible dish from the South Indian state of Kerela. It can even be made out of leftover idli batter. This irresistible delicacy is the healthier version of sweet banana fritters. Not only is this healthy breakfast recipe quick to make, but also an awesome finger food for fussy eaters at home.
What is finger food?
Babies between the age of 12-36 months can eat solid foods and frequently try to get their hands on something they can feed themselves. Finger foods that typically melt in the mouth are appetizing as well as helpful in fulfilling the nutritional requirements at this stage. As this stage, most parents should go for foods such as oats paniyarams – yummy, healthy, and safest food that kids can get their hands on (and not make too big a mess).
Paniyarams or Appe are great finger food for children. These appeal to the kids due to their bite-sized nature. The best thing about the oats paniyaram is that the possibilities are endless, you can make them sweet or savory as well as hide tons of vegetables in them for fussy eaters.
With the goodness of protein and fiber-rich oats, it can be a perfect snack for kids and a healthy breakfast recipes Indian families can enjoy as much. High in antioxidants and easy to digest, it is sure to make your little ones giggle. While banana will add strengthen their muscles and jaggery will provide a respite to their sweet-tooth. Iron-rich and protein-dense, it can be eaten anytime and anywhere. You can have it for lunch or eat it as an ideal breakfast, it will always be uber delicious.
Watch the recipe video:
One of the best breakfast ideas for kids – Banana Oats Paniyaram
For the batter:
1. 1/2 Cup Slurrp Farm Organic Oats Cereal
2. 2 Tablespoon of rice flour
3. 2 Overripe bananas
5. One pinch of cinnamon powder (optional)
6. 2 Tablespoon desiccated coconut (optional)
7. ½ Cup milk
8. Water to adjust consistency
9. Oil or ghee to cook
10. Salt to taste
1. In a large bowl, take Slurrp Farm Oats Cereal (You can also dry roast the cereal, it is an optional step), add mashed bananas, jaggery, rice flour, desiccated coconut.
2. Now add milk and whisk together all the ingredients, add water to adjust consistency. The batter should not be too runny or too thick.
3. Heat an Aebleskiver/Appe/Paniyaram pan, brush with ghee, and spoon in the batter. Cover and cook till one side is done and then turn to cook the other half.
4. Cover and cook till one side is done and then turn to cook the other half.
5. Serve hot.
What’s stopping you? Let there be brighter smiles and happy hours all day long. If you have a similar healthy breakfast recipe, please do share with us at firstname.lastname@example.org