By Ayesha Nallaseth
Do you know what hits the spot every single time? Brownie. Of all the healthy desserts in my recipe index, brownies are the sweet treat I bake most. Of course, the whole messy, gooey, chocolaty thing a brownie has makes me want them even more. I decided to see if I could develop a chocolate brownie recipe that was still fudgy and rich but that didn’t call for any dairy (i.e. milk or butter) or eggs. But if you miss the butter flavor you can try the recipe using melted non-dairy butter. Also, the recipe needs to be healthy and quick and easy to whip up. Is it too much of an ask?
Ta da! These vegan brownies are THE ONE. They turned out to be some of the most scrumptious and easiest brownies I’ve ever baked. These homemade brownies are amazing and a serious rival to the regular brownie. I KNOW. Can you believe it?! They have chewy edges, a fudgy choc center and even a crackly top that makes you want to dive face first into the pan. This easy brownie recipe only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish. My family couldn’t stop at just one, I think we cleaned off half the batch in one day.
But if you want the homemade brownies to be uber-fudgy like pictured, then leave them in the fridge for a few hours. It helps them to set, hold their shape and get stick-to-your-teeth kinda fudgy.
The holidays are almost here and if you want some more fun you can put some green tinted frosting, rainbow sprinkles like a Christmas tree on this easy brownie recipe. People can’t help but smile when they see these colorful treats
How to store the brownie:
This brownie is best when kept in the fridge. If you would like to enjoy them warm, microwave for 10-15 seconds before serving. You can also freeze any leftovers!
What is the best way to cut brownies?
To cut, use a big, heavy knife. Run it under hot water for 30 seconds, dry it quickly and cut the brownies. Clean off the knife in between cuts, and you will have clean brownie squares.
How to make vegan brownies:
1. 200 Gms Slurrp Farm Fudgy Choco Brownie Mix
2. 20 Gms of melted non-dairy butter
3. 100 Ml water
4. 60 Gms almond, coconut or soy yogurt
5. One tbsp almond flakes
1. Whisk the water, butter and yogurt together to get a smooth mix.
2. Then whisk in the dry ingredients provided in the Slurrp Farm Fudgy Choco Brownie Mix, till you get a smooth batter.
3. Pour the mixture into a butter cake mould or a silicon mould.
4. Garnish with chopped almonds.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 30 – 35 minutes.
6. Allow the brownie to completely cool demold cut and serve.
Tip: you can bake the brownies for 25 – 30 minutes to have a gooey texture.