By Simran Oberoi Multani
Yummy teething biscuits that help the baby ease the discomfort of teething? Yes! You heard us right. However, most biscuits in the market are made with refined flour and sugar and that is not good for health. They might also contain other preservatives that you would not want to give to your child. Ragi biscuits for babies are your perfect solution for a tussle between your child’s palate and your determination to give them only healthy food. Packed with the goodness of ragi, these biscuits are rich in iron and calcium. These biscuits can be enjoyed by kids of all ages as the crunchy and tasty biscuits are not limited to only babies or toddlers.
Teething starts at the age of 8-9 months and ragi biscuits for babies is an apt snack to give in order to fulfill their nutritional needs. With excess drooling irritation and discomfort, handing over ragi cookies to the teething baby can be an ideal solution. This is the time when your little one will start to learn eating techniques like biting and chewing as well. The chances of an improvement in fine motor skills is also highly probably at this stage.
The ragi biscuits recipe is my little one’s favorite. I make this often for her and she loves it. I thought of sharing it with you.
My grandmother’s ragi cookies recipe has been working for every single new mother in the family. The other day I looked up on the internet to check on ragi benefits and realized that ragi biscuits for babies is one of the most popular teething foods amongst South Indian moms. Infact the benefits of ragi are worth calling this traditional grain a super grain! One of the best benefits of starting ragi early on in life is that while a 6-months old maybe be breastfeeding, but that alone may not ensure sufficient iron in the child’s body, so ragi is a good way to restore depleted iron levels, especially at an early start.
Did you know ragi benefits?: It has 3 times more calcium than a glass of milk!
The health benefits of ragi needn’t stop when a child reaches toddlerhood either. Many children have severe calcium deficiency and ragi is a great way to solve this problem.
Sharing our recipe of nutritious crackers that soothe sore gums while giving your child a healthy snack.
Homemade teething ragi biscuits recipe:
1. One cup of Slurrp Farm Mango Ragi Cereal
2. A pinch of cinnamon powder
3. 2 Tbsp cranberries
4. 2 Tsp homemade ghee
5. Carrot puree to bring the dough together
Watch the full video of the Ragi biscuits:
1. Put the Slurrp Farm Mango Ragi Cereal mix in a bowl.
2. Put dried cranberries into the cereal.
3. Add the cinnamon powder.
4. Stir to mix all three well.
5. Add the ghee and mix to incorporate all ingredients uniformly.
6. Add the carrot puree slowly to make the dough. The dough should be firm.
7. Use a cookie cutter or shape it using your hands and put them onto the baking tray.
8. Bake for 15-18 minutes at 170 degrees C.until it crisps up. Cool and store in an airtight container. Teething biscuits should be hard so that they don’t dissolve or break into pieces when the baby bites it.
|We would love to hear back on your own recipe of how to make biscuits at home. Do share it on comments or send over on our Instagram handle: @slurrpfarm.|