By Ayesha Nallaseth
Ragi is my favorite millet! These tiny grains are a super house of nutrition. Being very rich in calcium it is excellent for kids and women. I had this ragi ladoo recipe in mind for a long time but I thought Diwali would be a good time to try this on. There are few laddu recipes for which one needs experience and is not for beginners. However, this easy ragi ladoo recipe is for those who have difficulty in getting the right ball consistency. To know more about this wonder grain you can read this.
No salt, no sugar, no additives and no preservatives. Buy Now
These ragi ladoos are a perfect way to include this power grain into your kid’s diet. This is a smart way to add that extra nutrition in your child’s diet if he/she is a fussy eater.
Compared to other sweets that are filled with sugar try this zero transfat waale ragi ladoo which are a powerhouse of nutrients. I have some tips for making this easy recipe which I learned from my mom.
1. Roast the ragi nicely in low flame for at least 8-10 mins to get rid of its raw smell. Keep a low flame.
2.The moisture in the jaggery itself is enough to shape the mixture to ladoos.
So, are you trying this power-packed easy ragi ladoo for your little and loved ones?
Assorted Ragi Lodoos:
Ingredients for Ladoo:
1. One cup Slurrp Farm Sprouted Ragi Powder
2. ½ Cup Slurrp Farm Jaggery Powder
3. 2 Tbsp desi Ghee
4. 4 Tbsp warm Milk
5. One tsp elaich powder
Ingredients for Nut Ladoos:
1. 4 Tbsp Slurrp Farm Nut Powder
Ingredients for Rose Ladoos
1. One tbsp rose water
2. One tsp dry rose petals
Ingredients for Toasted Coconut Ladoos:
1. One tbsp Coconut oil
2. 1/3rd Cup freshly grated coconut
Ingredients for Date and Sesame Ladoos:
1. 4 dates
2. One tbsp toasted sesame seeds
Watch the video:
1. Heat 1 tbsp of ghee and then add the Slurrp Farm Sprouted Ragi Powder. Cook over medium heat for 4-5 mintues till you get a roasted fragrance of the ragi powder.
2. Then add the Slurrp Farm Jaggery Powder, 1 tsp elaichi powder and 1 tbsp of ghee and cook again for 2-3 minutes.
3. Then add the milk and mix everything together till well combined.
Note: The ladoo mix will get dry so while the mixture is warm start rolling it into ladoos using a little ghee on your palms.
Incase the mix is too dry feel free to add more milk or ghee.
Method for the nut ladoos:
1. Coat the prepared ladoos with Slurrp Farm Nut Powder.
Method for the rose ladoos:
1. Mix a tsp of rose water in the ladoo mix and roll into ladoos.
2. Then coat the ladoos with dry rose petals.
Method for the toasted coconut ladoos:
1. Dry roast the freshly grated coconut till light brown.
2. Mix a tbsp. of coconut oil in the ladoo mix and coat with the toasted coconut.
Method for the date and sesame ladoos:
1. Chop up the dates and mix sesame seeds and the dates with the ladoo mix .
2. Shape in to ladoos.
|This Diwali celebrate with zero transfat waale ragi ladoo.|