By Ayesha Nallaseth
It’s the birthday month of my favorite person, my daughter and if there is no cake is it really a birthday party? Here’s my version of this simple, classic, delicious flavor combination. And, what’s more? This birthday cake with name is a stealer because it is easy-to-make, lovely to look at and a syummy one to celebrate not just birthdays but other special occasions. For those who aren’t into eggs, this yummy eggless cake is your homemade cake recipe for birthdays and special occasions.
I am putting together the cake recipe and some easy ideas to get the frosting right – all under one so that we do not make epic failures.
We will be making a vanilla cake for my daughter’s birthday treat and also, I believe that vanilla is like the most basic, most important flavors in the entire cake land.
Homemade vanilla cake success tips:
1. Follow the recipe.
2. Use all the ingredients at room temperature.
3. Refrigerate decorated cake.
Do you know how to level a cake?
Let me help. It’s really easy. You can use a fancy cake leveler, but I use a serrated knife. Leveling the cake layers promises a straight and sturdy layer cake.
How to make a yummy birthday treat?
Ingredients for the cake happy birthday cake with name:
1. One box Slurrp Farm Vanilla Cake Mix
2. 100 Ml warm water
3. 30 Gms butter
4. 60 Gms yogurt
Ingredients for the frosting:
1. 100 Gms Cream cheese
2. One tbsp Slurrp Farm Jaggery Powder
3. ½ tsp vanilla essence
Method for cake:
1. Preheat the oven to 180 Degrees Celsius. Line your preferred cake mould.
2. Whisk the warm water, yogurt and butter together.
3. Then add the raw unrefined sugar and vanilla cake mix (this will be part of the Slurrp Farm Vanilla Mix box) to the above liquids.
4. Whisk the batter well ensuring no lumps.
5. Pour the batter in the prepared cake mould.
6. Bake for 30 minutes.
Method for the frosting:
1. Whisk together the cream cheese, Slurrp Farm jaggery powder and vanilla essence. Till light and fluffy.
Method to assemble the cake:
1. Cut the cake into 2 equal halves.
2. Spread the cream cheese frosting on one half and cover the cake with the other half.
3. Spread the cream cheese frosting evenly all over the cake.
4. Garnish with your favorite toppings and serve.
Healthy frostings for birthday cakes:
The best part about this recipe is its versatility when it comes to frosting. Let me give you few of the easy birthday treat ideas for frosting your cake. I do not prefer artificial colors or white sugars so try some of these natural coloring options.
1. Cocoa powder
3. Fresh fruits (blueberries, oranges, raspberries, strawberries, blackberry, mango, etc)
5. Tahini, an unexpected replacement of butter in frosting.
6. Coconut cream frosting
For making this vanilla cake, we have used a very special and healthy frosting. Cheese, jaggery, and vanilla essence and I bet you that you would be licking your hands once you have tried this frosting.
Check out some interesting inspirations for making birthday cake with name:
You can also speak to special cake designers to achieve an ultimate happy birthday cake with name and photo with healthy frosting.
Write name on birthday cake?
We recommend using a piping bag and tip to write on your cake. You can use any round tip to write your letters, though smaller tips may make it difficult to smoothly squeeze the icing out while larger tips can lead to a messier script.
The best icing to use here is gels, buttercream or melted chocolate.
Pro Tip: To prevent wasting the frosting, try practicing your lettering by filling a piping bag with mayonnaise or mustard.